Web Design and Development Process
A flat image creation that lays out the look of the site. This is created in either photoshop, illustrator, or the like.
Creating the backbone structure of the web site using PHP (a dynamic server-side scripting language) and MySQL (to house content in a database), then molding the design into markup with XHTML and CSS so it works on the web.
Words, graphics, photos, videos, etc. will fill up the site with information.
- Content Management System (CMS)
Sometimes we use open source software, sometimes we build our own. It all depends on the nature of the content.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
An important final step in building a web site. We go beyond simple META injection, and dig into your content, optimizing it to match what you actually want people to find you for.
Check out our portfolio for examples of our work.
Domain Name Registration / Hosting
- Domain Name Registration (www.yourcompany.com) - We will reserve a domain name for your company.
- Web Hosting - We can handle setting up your site with a web host of your choice or using our own server.
House of Tech is currently using domain registering and hosting services costing ~ $18/yr. and $15/mo. respectively. The hosting accounts below provide plenty of bandwidth, unlimited email accounts, and much much more. Normally 500MB of storage will be more than plenty for a web site. For instance, this entire site takes up less than 10MB. It is email, more than anything, that will eat up space. If you plan on needing more than 10 email accounts, you'll want to get at least a 2,000MB package.
( hosting package chart )
|Package||Data Storage||How much space is that?||Price|
|Small||500 MB||~5,000 quality photos||$180 /yr.|
|Medium||1,000 MB||~20,000 quality photos||$240 /yr.|
|Large||2,000 MB||~50,000 quality photos||$360 /yr.|
|X Large||5,000 MB||a lot||$480 /yr.|
We are not a hosting company. Our hosting accounts are for clients only.
$60 per hour for design, development, and updates.
The initial cost of developing a site will be based on the amount of content and level of design complexity.
Okay, so how much $?
Here are a few examples of common web sites and their estimated costs.
- Photo Gallery (using open source software) ~ $300
- Simple Informative Site (no CMS, example) ~ $400
- Online Store (using open source software) ~ $800
- Online Store (plus cost of licensed software) ~ $1,200
- Collaborative Firm's Design (example) ~ $600 (House of Tech development only cost)
Call or email us for an estimate.